Replacement mowing line
A variety of lines for a wide range of applications with grass trimmers and brushcutters
STIHL has the right mowing line for different applications. If you need further help finding the right line with the correct diameter to fit your needs or mowing head, speak with your STIHL dealer.
STIHL mowing line colour coding and recommend usage
- 1.4 mm = grey line - for short grass / small gardens
- 1.6 mm = blue line - for short grass / small gardens
- 2.0 mm = green line - for short grass / small gardens
- 2.4 mm = orange line - for short grass / small gardens / tall grass / large gardens
- 2.7 mm = red line - for short grass / small gardens / tall grass / large gardens
- 3.0 mm = yellow line - for tall grass / large gardens
- 3.3 mm = black line - for tall grass / large gardens
- 4.0 mm = dark green line - for overgrowth / professionals
STIHL professional tip - leave your new mowing line in water for 24 hours before use. This will increase the flexibility and lifespan of the mowing line.
Round mowing line↓
CF3 Pro mowing line↓
Round and quiet mowing line↓
Square mowing line↓
Pentagonal mowing line↓
Durocut line pieces↓
* Manufacturer's recommended retail price updated as of February 2021. The manufacturer's recommended retail prices are subject to change without notice.
** Price on request from your STIHL Approved Dealer
The version(s) available in each country may differ from the above range and specifications; specific details may be subject to change without notice. Please ask your local STIHL Approved Dealer for further information.